Monday, July 26, 2010

Latest Hourgame: Poops and old people

The theme this past Saturday was "I'm Too Old for this Shit." I'd like to say it was completely intentional that I had spent more than 40 minutes on graphics, leaving way less time for coding, and ultimately being late again, but I can't. I'm not more ashamed than usual about how I draw, but I sort of preoccupied myself during the process with something called Life in a Day, which is some sort of documentary of everyone's life on that particular Saturday. That, coupled with the ever-present concept of recording the process of making an hourgame that's mentioned in every thread (though was only ever done twice) gave me the idea to film myself doing it. Naturally, me being me, I took way more than an hour, ran out of tape, couldn't record the music I was trying to, had no end of weird and stupid bugs interrupt what I was doing, and to top it off, CamStudio didn't manage to actually record what I was doing on the screen. Left me with 90 minutes of me staring at the screen which I wasn't going to bother with, plus a marginal complex about putting the video up there and trying to make things look nicer than they needed to be.

Well anyways, the game can be Downloaded Here, and Here's The Forum Thread about it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment