Saturday, December 29, 2012

One Game a Month

So hey, I'm back again, no time for jokes about how infrequently I post, time instead to just write a bunch like I keep on myself about needing to. You know what else I should keep on myself about is how much I complain about keeping on myself about stuff I didn't keep on myself about before and WHY IS MY NOSE BLEEDING?!

So there's a thing now, right, called One Game a Month. Not a Game Jam per se, just a drive to make something, anything, for each month of the coming year. I've tried participating in 48 hour Game Jams and AGS HourGames before, but not trying at a completed, competent product that I can stand behind, mainly just stuff that involves teaching myself the engine or getting an idea out with some immediacy (which reminds me I need to make a thing about the BaconGameJam I participated in right after this).

At any rate, I'm going to spend the next year, in addition to trying to secure my job, get approved for a home loan, survive a potential money problem caused by this Fiscal Cliff Hoosafudge, and running a D&D campaign online through Roll20.net (which, incidentally, is amazing, seriously go there now) I'm also going to be trying to create a game, as in one finished product and not just a prototype or half-done something or other, once a month. I've got vague ideas for what to do each month, and am reasonably confident I can do it so long as I don't spend too much time obsessing over little things.

So, here on in I'm going to make sure I post at least monthly, probably weekly as well since I think I need to start doing the Screenshot Saturday thing and put something up from the work in progress such as it is.

Of course this is me saying that I should post more often and need to keep on myself about it so I don't have to keep on myself about keeping on GAH IT'S BLEEDING AGAIN.

#onegameamonth challenge from @McFunkypants - Can you make One Game A Month? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment